Tuesday I did the same thing, the whole day at school was just repeating sounds. It was boring. But I made a friend from a small island in the Carribean called Trinidad. We went to get lunch together at the Japanese place I went to on Saturday. I got the same thing except this time I got mango juice, it was the best mango juice I had ever tasted! Yum. Well she told me
about her life story, and it's amazing. Shes never had a family and raised her own money to get to china and basically came to be a missionary. Shes really sweet and lives by me so we will probably become really good friends.
Thursday after school me and the girl from Trinidad (Elizabeth) decided to go on an adventure. I heard that the pearl city place was cool so we gave the address to a taxi driver and he took us there. It was out in kind of a deserted place but the mall it was in was super fancy. It was strange. I got a couple of jade bracelets and a
phone charm. Then we left but since it was empty we didn't know how to get home and there was no taxis we could call. But there was this bus just sitting there. So me and elizabeth asked him how to get home and he said to get on the bus. There was a lot of Chinese people in there so we thought it was safe. He basically gave us a free ride almost all the way home. We got off and walked around, some guys tried to sell me stuff, another guy tried giving me a ride on his e-bike
Eventually we called a taxi and got home. Now my feet hurt from too much walking.
Catherine, this is awesome. Sounds like you are being pretty adventurous! I am sure you are going to have the time of your life in China.
ReplyDelete