Thursday, September 8, 2011

Third Week in China August 29, 2011

3rd week in china.
    On Monday it was pretty boring, just been trying to figure out the bus schedules. I looked it up online but it wasn't very clear to me so I hopped on a bus and went the wrong way, again. Turned out it was the wrong number too. But I had a cool experience that made my day. There was an elderly Chinese lady that kept staring at me and she looked like she was analyzing my face. The bus was packed so I was stuck next to her. Her daughter was behind her and they were speaking to each other and looking at me. I said "sorry I don't speak Chinese". Then the daughter said "oh my mother thinks you are very beautiful!" and I said "aw thanks so is she!" haha and I thought Chinese thought I was ugly. So after the bus adventure I came home, chilled, helped make dinner, then got ready for the night. Ci Ci invited me to have dinner with her. So I rode the bike to Cannons building where she was working. We walked down the street and it was the heaviest it's ever rained since I have been here.  It looked like it was going to flood and all me and Ci Ci had was one little umbrella. So we went into this rester aunt with only Chinese food. It was a super nice rester aunt everything looked really beautiful and expensive. We ate with chopsticks and I did awesomely at it. Ci Ci ordered a ton of food. We had cold green beans first because the Chinese believe having a cold appetizer will make u more hungry. After that we had rabbits leg which was really good. Everything was spicy even though we said not spicy. So after the rabbits leg we had these very good roll things that u fill up with celery and meat. Then we had tofu and noodles. For dessert we had this thing , I don't remember what it was called, but it was sort of like lumpia only with purple stuff in the middle and sesame seeds. To end the meal we had watermelon.  For everything put together for me and ci ci I think the dinner costs about 16 dollars. Ci Ci helped me with my Chinese in the rester aunt , she made me call the waiter and ask for the check in Chinese. After the dinner we went to get a massage. It was just right around the corner. The ladies there all dress in mini skirts and heels and stuff. They told us we are the few girls that go there. But it was really great we got an hour massage for 13 dollars. We had our own room with big comfy chairs. The girls giving us the massage were really nice and talked to us the entire time. They said they liked my eyes and they thought I was 20years old. Lol . The guys there called me "the foreigner" . They say they can tell what's going on in your body by touching your feet. They told me I had a bad digestive system. They told Ci Ci that she had a bad liver. But Ci Ci said she went to the hospital one time for a check up and they told her she had a really good liver. So we can't believe the Chinese all the time.
 On Tuesday I didn't really do anything that special. In the morning I went to the bank and walked over to Cannons work to have lunch with him and Si Si (I just realized that I've been spelling her name wrong this whole time). So anyways, we walked down the street a little ways to a sandwich place. The owner looked Italian and he spoke English. He didn't have a lot of stuff to choose from and his bread was like biting into a rock. But it was still a pretty good sandwich. After lunch Si Si walked me around the office and we went upstairs to meet more or Cannons employees. They have the coolest American names. I met someone named Cinderella, Candy, Hawk, Dax, Apple, and a dude named Kimmy. Of course they were all Chinese and had a translation error when they picked out their names. But no one told them and that's what they use

on their business cards. One of the girls named Serena came up to me and told me she was studying English, so me and her are study 
buddies now. I am teaching her English while she teaches me Chinese.

  On Wednesday I went to the bank and then took the bus with Julie to another little mall. We both needed to get school supplies. I got 
some cute pencils with Asian 
characters on them and some pens and a Korean eraser that's supposed to be a  good eraser. Lol. There was quite a few things in 
there that's in English but the translation 
is a little off. For example I got a folder and on it it says "happy day, with the understanding, friendship can be permanent; with 
friendship, life worthwhile. let us understand the 
issue of the light" I have no idea what this means but it makes me happy and it has some cute bunnies on it. After the school supply
 store Julie took me to the movie store. It has 
hundreds and hundreds of pirated movies, but they are very good quality. It's just like watching a regular movie. And they're like 2 bucks 
each! It's amazing. After that we went to 
a hair place and got our hair washed and our head massaged and then our hair styled. For 3 bucks :) it felt awesome and Julie said she
 doesn't have to wash her hair for like 3 days
 because they do such a good job. I'm a happy girl. That night the young women from church came over and we babysat the kids 
together.

  Thursday morning was my last day of seminary because my school is way too far from the seminary. I like the kids in there. 
They're pretty cool.

And yeah.... Idk the rest of the day was a blank.

   Friday I got picked up by one of the sisters in my ward. She picked me up on her e-bike which was super cool. She says she 
feels free on her bike. 
We went to the university and I took the placement test that I did really bad on.  So I went back home and chilled then I found out
 that the ayi quit, she thought 
she wasn't getting paid enough. So since the ayi quit that means more cleaning for us! Later I took a taxi to the house of the sister
 that picked me up. Me and her 
kids who are younger than me but who are in high school played video games the whole night. Anddd that was it.

   Saturday I went to lunch with more people from church. I went to their house and they were attempting to make Mexican food 
because they were missing it alot. 
They're from Arizona so they feel my pain of missing that kind of food. Then I went to go eat japanese food which was 
realllllyyyyyyy good. I had rice and beef and 
celery nd tofu. It was yummy. Later that night we had a BBQ with a family who was from south africa. They were so nice 
and we had some good food like ribs and potato
 salad. The night was perfect, I'm going to get so sad when the cold comes in.

   On Sunday we went to church and that night i made dinner for the first time as part of my contract. I looked on YouTube 
for making mash potatoes. Then I made chicken.   
All the food turned out amazing. I feel like a good cook or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment